Friday, 29 August 2008

Don’t be pansy; let’s Fifa 09!

Fifa 09 'Let's Fifa 09,' is the catchphrase EA Sports is adopting for its upcoming video game, Fifa 09, the nth title in the Fifa football simulation series. Last year's effort, Fifa 08, was the beginning of the end of an era foolishness that saw EA churn out dreadful Fifa games one after the other. I think they finally realised that footy fans wanted a proper footy game, given the upsurge in sales of Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) series, a.k.a Fifa's arch-nemesis.

In those days it was unheard-of for PES to oust Fifa from the number 1 spot on any platform chart. I guess when that started happening recently EA got scared and decided it was time to turn a new leaf ... time to take their fans more seriously.

If you are a long time fan of the series you'll be glad to know that Fifa 09 is looking and playing better than ever.

As for me, I have pledged no allegiance to either franchise, nor will I ever. Instead, I'll buy whichever is the best; I'm not going to pay 40 quid for a Sensible Soccer copycat.

On the subject of the Fifa 09's slogan, I like it. It's quite catchy, like last year's ('can you Fifa 08?'). Here's to hoping Fifa 09 lives up to the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean and constructive. Thanks.